Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fuck Me

Yeah, it's crude but I'm sitting here at 7:20am and I'm not the least bit tired and I'm bored.

Never, ever, ever a good combination.

I've been known to play with matches during times like this.

So, it's day three of sleep renovation and I've obviously hit a bad patch. Yesterday I slept for 14 hours straight and the only reason why I got out of bed when I did was because my back was aching from sleeping so long.

Amber (kitty number 1) was determined to keep me horizontal by climbing up on my shoulder and purring into my ear. Bob was shocked to hear that she got that close because she doesn't usually climb on me - I'm a mover, even in my sleep.

Now, me? I was looking at her and wondering what she knows that I don't. Amber is the type of cat who leaves me be in bed because like I said, I move too much for her. However, when I'm sick she can't get close enough to me.

So far, so good because I'm not puking or anything *makes sign of the cross*. I'm thinking she's lonelier than normal because Cody is sucking up all the attention. Hell, half the time I forget I have another cat because she doesn't sit in any of the rooms that I do.

So, there's that and then there is my comfort food stage that I am going through. I have been cooking Swiss steak (actually top sirloin cut up, floured and browned on both sides and then put in the oven with water covering it at about 300 for 3 hrs - remind me to tell you about my mother and how she won't share with me any of the recipes from my childhood - I discovered how to make this when my mom's best friend dropped her secret on me one night.) and mashed potatoes (with the real beef gravy from the Swiss steak) about twice a week for the last three weeks. I haven't cooked this in years even though it was one of my favourites growing up because Bob is a pasta guy and well, you end up cooking to please and you don't get what you love.

Yep, it's all adding up to a funk so I'll have to keep my eye on it over the next few weeks.

Oh and Bob called on his way to work to tell me he just saw the first set of Christmas lights up and on! I said, you know people are using lights in trees as a cafe like thing and he said, 'I know, these were blue'.

Fuck Me.

8 comments:

~ames~ said...

Amber sounds like Max-when I'm sick, he needs to sleep on me. And Max is a dog who likes his feet planted firmly on the ground at all times.

Hope you don't get sick anytime soon.

No Christmas lights up yet in my neck of the woods-but it is getting dark way too soon.

Bob & Muffintop said...

Love the new look, kiddo. I love that short.

No Christmas lights here either. YAY I love Halloween.

Dev said...

Fun new look, Cindy. Oh, there's Christmas stuff out here already. Retailers are out for the money already. Let's see, we had Halloween stuff out in July. JULY! Christmas stuff out in September ~ that stuff seems to go out earlier each year. It's sickening.

ReneeW said...

OMG, I practically jumped when this popped up. I love it. Cute and funny, it's so you. My cat likes to do that same thing when she wants me to wake up and feed her. No Christmas lights here yet either except for those who keep them up year round.

Mailyn said...

Awwww, hope you aren't getting sickie. :-(

LOVE this layout!!!! Uber cute. Mehehe,

C2 said...

Oh no! I hope you aren't getting sick - and don't talk yourself into it, either!

I am LOVING the birds! You know I'm going to be forced to go over and look at the other templates by the designer. I hope you're proud of yourself...

Kristie (J) said...

I see someone was still up playing. Love the look Cindy! Those chickens are a hoot!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new template! And the little birds! Are they chickens? Pigeons? (Sorry, I'm bird-stupid.)